Friday, August 22, 2008

4 weeks of waiting

These last 4 weeks have gone pretty fast! We were invited to our first conference call for waiting families at the beginning of the month. I cried when I got the email! I know, I'm so sappy! But it was very informative!! The best news being: The wait time has gone down!!! YAY! The wait time from being DTE(dossier to ethiopia) to getting a referral was 7-9 months. Well, for boys the wait time has gone down to 5-7 months! I think that is sooooo exciting! Also, Duni(our family coordinator) says that if you are asking for either gender it is VERY likely you will get a boy. Now, things in the adoption world change quickly, but for now this gives me HOPE. I have been looking at cribs, diapers, nursery decor! *sigh* It is really nice. I'm also considering using cloth diapers, so I've been doing some research on that. AND I found the baby carrier I want! I really like the Ergo Baby Carrier!! It's on the expensive side, so we'll see what happens! :) I want to enjoy this time of waiting and anticipating, though! I know that sometimes the days will crawl, but overall the time will pass quickly. So if it seems that I am not being content, call me on it! :) But, now I have to go. My sister just called and wants me to help her shampoo the carpets in the house she's moving into! The things we do for family! :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

We've made it through the first month of waiting! I just wanted to let you know that I pray specifically for our DTE group each day. Thanks for showing me the silver lining in my day yesterday!

Erica R.