Thursday, April 30, 2009

Court Date

I have very exciting news!! Yesterday we received an email from AWAA telling us that our court date is May 12!!! Now, I was not expecting to have a court date until the end of May AT THE VERY EARLIEST!!! I am shocked and amazed that God has graciously given us this date! There are many other families that have been waiting longer than us, who have court dates at the end of May. I feel a little guilty that we got one so soon! But, God has perfect timing. And there is also no guarantee that we will pass court the first time. There are many factors going on here! Please be praying for us! There have been alot of power outages in Ethiopia right now. There have been times judges have not made it to work, or have not had time to see cases. There's just too many variables to say it's a slam dunk done deal!!! We have not been given our Tentative travel dates yet, but I expect them soon! Our email said to expect travel anywhere from 2-4 weeks after our court date!!! THAT IS SOON!!! We are going to be VERY busy in the next few weeks! :):):) PRAISE GOD!! I will post more as soon as I know anything!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Jackie-
Thanks for your encouragement! I so appreciate it- especially from someone who has SO recently been where we're at. We are so excited that you guys have your referral and such a fast court day! Praise the Lord! We will be praying for court to go perfectly and that you can go get that little guy soon!